Tips and Education
Keeping healthy as the flu bug strikes
January 24, 2019
You might be noticing more people around work, home or school getting stuck with the cold or flu bug. With it being that time of year, it is important to know tips and tricks to keeping yourself and others around you healthy.
Here are a few Titan tips to avoid getting sick:
1) First things first, be sure to get your flu shot to help prevent getting most strands of the flu virus.
2) If you begin feeling achy, keep Advil, Motrin, Aleve and Tylenol on-hand to help ease those symptoms. Those over-the-counter medications will also help relieve fevers and sinus pressure.
3) If you are feeling stuffy, boiling water with eucalyptus oil can help clear your sinuses, the same way vapor rubs would.
4) Having nasal spray decongestants like Zicam, Flonase and Nasonex will also help take away your sinus pressure, but it is also important to note that most nasal sprays have daily usage limits.
5) For sore throats, drinking warm tea with honey can help soothe the soreness. Also, be sure to keep Chloraseptic spray and lozenges in your home for quick pain relief.
6) To help fight off any viruses, be sure to wash your hands multiple times throughout the day and keep hydrated.
Need help finding your next travel assignment? Give us a call today at 866.332.9600 to learn about traveling opportunities with Titan Medical Group.