We get it at Titan Medical, as a traveler you are constantly on the move and we are here to make your fall evenings easier by sharing simple comfort meals to throw into your crock-pot to do the cooking. Now you can cozy up to a homemade meal that took hardly any time to throw together!
White Chicken Chili
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can Corn
- 1 Can Black Beans (Drained)
- 1 Can Rotel
- 1 Packet Ranch
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp garlic Powder
- 1 8 oz pkg Cream Cheese
- Drain and rinse the black beans. Place chicken at the bottom of the crock-pot, then pour out the whole can of corn (undrained), Rotel tomatoes and black beans on top of chicken.
- Cube cream cheese and add into the mixture
- Top with seasonings and ranch dressing mix then stir together
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Take chicken out and shred, then add back into the chili and stir
- Serve alone or with baked potatoes, corn bread or even tortilla shells
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with some nonstick cooking spray or use crock-pot liner
- Place chicken breasts into the crock-pot
- Sprinkle taco seasoning on chicken
- In a bowl, combine cream of chicken soup with salsa
- Pour mixture evenly over chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours
- When chicken is ready, take chicken out and shred with two forks. Put shredded chicken back in the pot
- Stir in sour cream
- At this point you can turn off your slow cooker or put it on the “keep warm” setting
- Stir and serve on warm soft tortilla shells or on a salad or mix in 1-pound cooked pasta
Chicken, Broccoli & Rice Casserole
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup long grain brown rice rinsed and drained (don’t substitute rice type)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt optional, for extra creaminess
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place onion, brown rice, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, dried thyme, salt and pepper in bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour in broth and stir until well combined.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken with additional black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, until chicken is cooked through and rice has absorbed almost all of the broth.
- When the slow cooking time is almost finished, cook the broccoli. You can steam it on the stove or in the microwave, or roast it in your oven. (It is also possible to cook the broccoli in the slow cooker by adding it on top of the rice and chicken during the last hour of cook time.)
- When chicken and rice are done, remove chicken to a cutting board.
- Add the plain Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese to the rice in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the slow cooker along with the cooked broccoli. Stir and serve.
Crock-pot baked Ziti
- 2 (25 oz) jars of pasta sauce
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 lb penne pasta (uncooked)
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped basil
- 2 cups of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine ricotta, eggs, salt, pepper and basil in a bowl and stir well
- In a large bowl, combine both pasta sauces and tomato sauce together.
- Grate Parmesan cheese and set aside
- Grease the inside of a 6 qt slow cooker or use slow cooker liner
- Add 2 1/3 cups of pasta sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker
- Add 1/3 of the uncooked penne
- Dot on half of the ricotta mixture and spread out evenly
- Add half of the Parmesan cheese (1 cup)
- Layer by adding another 2 1/3 cups of sauce mixture
- Add an additional 1/3 of the uncooked penne
- Dot on the remaining ricotta and spread out
- Sprinkle on the remaining parmesan cheese (1 cup)
- Add the last 1/3 of the uncooked penne
- Top with the remaining 2 1/3 cups of sauce mixture
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, until pasta is al dente
- During the last few minutes, add mozzarella cheese to the top and allow to melt
- Serve alone or topped with red pepper flakes and served with garlic bread
If you are ready for a Fall travel assignment, give Titan Medical a call today at 866-332-9600 and we’d love to assist in finding your next adventure!