Tips and Education
Festive towns with holiday spirit across the USA
December 04, 2018
Towns claiming Christmas fame have a lot to offer to their natives and tourists visiting this holiday season. Here are some locations you should check out for getting into the holiday spirit.
- Santa Claus, IN– In the late 1920’s the Santa Claus, IN post office began promoting their town name and soon after, an overwhelming amount of letters from kids addressed to Santa began arriving at the post office. They had so much mail coming in, they had to hire volunteer elves to help write back to the kids across the nation. When visiting Santa Claus, IN, during winter you can make a stop at Santa’s Candy Castle, the Santa Claus Christmas Store and the Santa Claus “Land of Lights” light show for all your holiday needs.
- Leavenworth, WA– Find yourself getting cozy in Leavenworth, WA. This town of about 2,000 people is transformed into a Bavarian Alpine Village during the winter months. You can expect to find Christmas lights on buildings spread throughout a 20-mile radius, Christmas carolers on street corners and vendors set up selling hot cocoa and cinnamon roasted nuts for your shopping excursions.
- Durango, CO– Snow dusted mountains alone set the tone for the Christmas season, but being in Durango, CO, you can expect to be immersed in it as well. This historic town is home of the real-life, Polar Express Train. While on-board guests receive hot chocolate, a narration of the book “The Polar Express” and a silver sleigh bell keepsake. Nearby, you can also find ski resorts, sleigh rides, dog sledding and snowmobiling to fulfill your winter adventures.
- Honolulu, HI– Maybe instead of snow and colder weather, you need some sun and sand with a little Mele Kalikimaka in Honolulu, HI. Get into the Christmas spirit this year in Hawaii with festivals and fairs, ugly sweater competitions and boat lighting ceremonies. Now is the time to head to the beach to kick back barefoot and relax with your Santa hats on.
- Woodstock, VT– Throughout the quaint town, Woodstock, VT, you will be taken back by the elegant Christmas décor. Holiday events take place all throughout December with traditions dating back to medieval times. In the town of 3,000 people, you can expect to find horses in parades, yule-log fires and old-time craft fairs to attend. Adding to the experience, this Vermont town in known for their use of wreaths, pine and lights hung around town.
Need help finding your next travel assignment this Winter? Give us a call today at 866.332.9600 to learn about traveling opportunities with Titan Medical Group.