Tips and Education
Things to Do In Nashville
July 27, 2016
We will be at the AHRA conference in Nashville next week – so it’s only fitting that our topic this week is what you can do in Music City.
Places to visit:
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
- Parthenon: A full size replica of the Greek landmark.
- Ryman Auditorium: Iconic venue and the home of Grand Ole Opry.
- Nashville Zoo at Grassmere
- Belle Meade Plantation: A Greek revival-style mansion and grounds.
- First Center for the Visual Arts
- RCA Studio B: Take a tour of Music Row – the studio where Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison, Dolly Parton, Chet Atkins and many more have recorded some of their songs.
- Honky Tonk Highway (yes, seriously): Visit Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge, Legends Corner, Second Fiddle, The Stage, Layla’s Bluegrass Inn and Robert’s Western World. Some of the top country stars today started their careers at these places.
- The Music City Shop: Within walking distance from the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, the Johnny Cash Museum, and other downtown attractions. Might as well pick up some souvenirs for your loved ones while going to and from attractions!
- Music City Walk of Fame Park: This is a tribute to those of all genres in music who have contributed in the music industry.
Places to Eat:
- B.B. King’s Blues Club and Restaurant
- Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie Bar
- Acme Feed and Seed
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken
- Scoreboard Smokehouse Bar and Grill
- Burger Up
- Mas Tacos
- The Flipside
- Arrington Vineyards
- Loveless Cafe
We could go on and on about where to eat or what places to go, but these are places to give you an idea of where to go for a trip or maybe an upcoming assignment!