Halloween is creeping up very quickly—those that don’t have children to take trick-or-treating or have some costume party to attend while on a travel assignment, may be looking for something spooky to do Halloween night. We’ve got you covered—here’s some of the biggest Halloween Celebrations going on around the country:
- Sleepy Hollow Halloween – The home of the Headless Horseman offers thrills all month long. Found in New York, the event takes over the town with attractions like a haunted hayride and street fairs. They also offer lantern tours of the property at night where you’ll find the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery & a House of Curiosities.
- West Hollywood Carnaval – Los Angeles hosts this Halloween street party on Santa Monica Boulevard—the very night of Halloween. Costumes & music acts fill the night—over 500,000 people attend each year.
- Festival of the Dead – Straight out of your history book, the witch-trial legacy from Salem lives on. In October, Salem Massachusetts gains over 500,000 visitors each year. They have Psychic fairs & Witch expos—offering interactive festivities for all to enjoy.
- Halloween in New Orleans – These festivities are second to only Mardi Gras. New Orleans is known as the most haunted city in America, offering haunted tours & scary encounters during Halloween. On the night of, there is a giant party throughout the city—with costumes of course!
- The Louisville Zoo Halloween Party – Kentucky’s Louisville Zoo gets transformed into a Halloween spectacular, welcoming families for activities of all sorts. There are scary attractions, as well as attractions for the kids.
Get out and experience the culture of your town this month. Happy Halloween!