Encouraging healthcare professionals to prioritize their mental health is important to us here at Titan Medical. The mental health of healthcare professionals is vital as it directly influences their ability to provide quality care not only to their patients, residents, and family, but for themselves. Healthcare partners in a healthy mental space are more resilient to the stressed inherent in the profession, reducing burnout and turnover rates, which are pervasive issues in healthcare settings. Regular check-ins, access to mental health resources, and fostering a culture that destigmatizes seeking help are essential components of ensuring healthcare providers can cope with the challenges they face!
We know that caregivers often put their personal needs on the back burner while pouring into others. While this is fulfilling in many ways, it can also leave some of your own needs unmet. At Titan Medical, we want to encourage and empower you to prioritize your well-being. We recognize that in order to give high-quality bedside care, you need to feel fulfilled outside of your career, too. Our Clinical Team here at Titan Medial has a few ideas and tips for Healthcare Professionals on staying mentally healthy!
“We as the Clinical team can empathize with the demands of running on empty while caring for those around you. We know that as caregivers, we often put our personal needs on the back burner while pouring into others. While this is fulfilling for us in many ways; it can also leave some of our own needs unmet. At Titan Medical, we want to encourage and empower you to prioritize your well-being. We recognize that in order to give high quality bedside care; you need to feel fulfilled outside of your career too.”
Here are a few quick and simple suggestions to help prioritize YOU!
- Taking 10 minutes to step outside & walk. An opportunity for sunshine and fresh air always seems to help! Stepping away from the bedside to clear your mind and walk for enjoyment.
- Even if you only have a few minutes, taking the time to deep breath in a quiet, peaceful space, can help provide a moment of relaxation.
- Finding local gyms or fitness groups to join where you are traveling! Mention you are a healthcare worker that is traveling through and ask about special rates/ pricing!
- Try a new restaurant! Ask co-workers that are local about some of their favorite hidden gems in the area!
- Talking with friends and family. Be sure to stay connected with those around you who provide comfort and support!
- Learn something new! Nurture your inner creativity and talent.
- Is there a local community college that offers adult classes? Cooking, musical lessons, art etc.
- Community Centers may offer sporting leagues/ opportunity for recreational involvement.
- Subscription to a meal- prep or culinary delivery service! Easy to change your address and preferences. These services help fulfill your nutritional needs while traveling! Access to high quality foods can be challenging in some areas.
- Create an ID.me account (free to make) to gain access to many discounted services, apps, apparel, scrubs, shoes etc.
If you or someone you know is struggling with their mental health, below are resources to reach out for help.
|Mental Health Emergency Hotline
|For the Frontlines
|Text FRONTLINE to 741741
|Therapy Aid Coalition
|The Emotional PPE Project
Make sure to follow Titan Medical on Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, and LinkedIn for the latest updates on all things Titan and Travel Healthcare!