Tips and Education
Back to School
August 03, 2016
It’s that time of year again – it is time to go back to school! Whether you are getting the kids ready for their first day or you are going back to further your education, it’s time to get everything on track and back into the swing of things. From staying healthy to organization for your academic year, we have you covered. Check out some of our tips to make your school year the best one yet!
Preparing for the school year:
- Ease the family back into a routine schedule: Were the kids up by 7 AM during the school year? Get them into the habit of getting up early a week or two before school starts. It won’t be as difficult to wake them up when the 1st day of school rolls around.
- Calendar control, calendar control, calendar control: If your kids are in a lot of after school activities, mark them on the calendar. School functions, sporting events, conferences, and practices will all come into play once the school year is in full swing. Don’t get behind schedule and get those dates on the calendar!
- Plan before you shop: Believe it or not, August is one of the biggest sales for retailers. Get in the door for school supplies and school clothes. A lot of stores have sales and specials for discounts on things that your child will need for the year.
- Gather all proper documentation: Schools may require orientation and immunization records – get an accordion folder to keep all of those organized.
- Make a practice run of the school morning: Why wait until the 1st day to get the year going? How long is it going to take to get to the bus stop? How long is it going to take for everyone to get ready in the morning? Find out before the school year starts so you can plan accordingly!
- Get your kids excited for a new school year: This is self explanatory. If you’re excited about the upcoming school year, your kids will be too.
Staying healthy during the school year:
- Remind your children to cover their mouth when they cough or when they sneeze.
- Keep hands away from their mouth and eyes.
- Tell them to not share water bottles, food, or eating utensils.
- Remind them to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer. If the school allows it, give them hand sanitizer to put in their desk or their backpack.
- Eat healthy foods and snacks during the day.
- Go outside and play!
- Get plenty of sleep to repeat the cycle all over again.
There you have it! Simple tips to get your kids and yourself ready for the school year. A new year is exciting and full of opportunities for new memories.